The Eddy offers six storeys of green, urban condos that set new standards for architecture, design and smart, healthy living in Ottawa.
The ArchitectureThe Eddy is a bold new addition to Ottawa’s skyline, featuring:
- Winner of a 2016 Housing Design Award for best designed highrise building in Ottawa
- A unique six-storey size and shape that complements Hintonburg’s streetscape
- “Soft loft” units with nine-foot ceilings, an industrial feel, and exposed concrete ceilings and ductwork
- Maximized daylight opportunities:
- Wellington-facing units enjoy northern light, cityscape views and an urban vibe
- Irving-facing units enjoy southern exposure, a quiet, residential feel, and a view of a canopy of trees
- “Step backs” in the building’s facade that allow for the type of expansive balconies usually found only in penthouses – some adding up to 500 square feet of living space
The Eddy’s completely designed interior environment, conceived and realized by Altblu, creates a building full of unique homes, and features:
- Smooth white walls
- Wood-trimmed doorways
- Artistically selected finishing packages that allow you to choose accent colours
- Canadian-manufactured custom layouts
- Compact European Appliances that save space and improve efficiency
- Silestone quartz countertops
- Zero-radius under-mount sinks
- Custom millwork vanities with under-mount sink
- Innovative, environmentally conscious, low-flow plumbing fixtures
For a fly-through tour of one of our unique suites, watch this video:
- Digging for Ottawa’s “Condo of the Future” Begins, Windmill Press Release
- Ottawa Condo a Model for Green Intensification, Treehugger.com
- Staying Within the Design Plan, Ottawa Citizen
- The Eddy, Ottawa Magazine
Smart, Healthy Living
The Eddy is targeting LEED Platinum certification, which will make it one of the greenest condo developments in Canada. Our innovations include:
- Geothermal heating and cooling
- The exclusive use of sustainable wood approved by the Forestry Stewardship Council
- Innovative, environmentally conscious Hansgrohe fittings in kitchens and baths
- Low-flow faucets and 3Lpf toilets are standard
- Air quality:
- Low-VOC (volatile organic compound) finishes – we select the healthiest possible paints, lacquers, adhesives and other building materials
- Cabinets and engineered hardwood floors contain no added urea formaldehyde
- An individual HRV (heat recovery ventilator) in each unit provides fresh air directly from outside – not from hallways or other shared spaces
- Our unique puzzle parking garage system ensures that cars never run in the building – so exhaust never contaminates the air
- Full integration into a walkable, bike-able, environmentally conscious neighbourhood
Can a condo have a garden?
At The Eddy it can. Our rooftop urban park – The Highpocket – features garden plots available for purchase with your unit, along with a shared social space and BBQ.
Other common area features include:
- Convenient ground-floor retail
- Generous bike storage capacity – room for ~1 bicycle per unit
- Large storage units
- A completely designed interior environment conceived and realized by Altblu
What is Puzzle Parking?
The Eddy is home to Ottawa’s first puzzle parking garage. Using a mechanical system that stores and stacks cars, then recalls your car automatically when you need it, the puzzle system is as small, efficient and green as parking can be. It offers:
- Convenience – you no longer have to park, and you can recall your car anytime from your smart phone
- Safety – no need to navigate, or even set foot in, the garage
- A healthier environment – with no cars running in the building, interior air stays clean
- More living space – with less footage devoted to cars, more is devoted to people
Learn more about the puzzle parking system:
Watch the video.
Read some recent coverage:
- ‘Sliding puzzle’ parking a first for Ottawa, Ottawa Citizen
- ‘Puzzle’ parking garage to be built in Ottawa, Ottawa Business Journal
Ultimate Lifestyle Package
Imagine this perfect pairing — an urban oasis at The Eddy plus your own slice of cottage living at Whitewater Village, a fully catered cottage resort just one hour west of Ottawa. Like a condominium, Whitewater Village is fully maintained for you, including housekeeping. It is owned and managed by the resort owners based on the same structure as a condominium. The advantage is you only pay for a fraction of a cottage but enjoy all the benefits of full cottage ownership without the maintenance and upkeep hassles.
Ask us about our ultimate lifestyle package and the combined discount program we are offering.